Spearmint Essential Oil
15 ML Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade
As a milder alternative to other mint essential oils, Spearmint is gentle enough to use topically or while cooking—without losing any of its freshness.
Primary Benefits of Spearmint Essential Oil
- Promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset when used internally*
- Incorporate into effective work and study habits
- Cleanses the mouth and promotes fresh breath
Directions for Use of Spearmint Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Description of Spearmint Essential Oil
Spearmint is a perennial plant that grows 11–40 inches tall and flourishes in temperate climates. It is widely used in gums, candies, and dental products for its minty taste, and to promote fresh breath. Spearmint has been used internally for centuries for its digestive benefits*. Its sweet, refreshing aroma is uplifting, making it ideal to diffuse while working or studying. Spearmint is very different from Peppermint, making it a milder option to use topically on children and those with sensitive skin. In cooking, Spearmint is frequently used in salads, drinks, and desserts, but it can also be used in homemade salad dressings and to marinate meats.
Uses of Spearmint Essential Oil
- Diffuse for a positive environment.
- Apply to toothbrush before brushing teeth for fresh breath.
- Add a drop or two to any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée for flavoring and to promote digestion.*
- For occasional stomach upset, add one to two drops to water and drink.*
Additional Characteristics of Spearmint Essential Oil
- Aromatic Description of Spearmint Essential Oil is Sweet, minty, fresh
- Collection Method of Spearmint Essential Oil is Steam Distillation
- Plant Part of Spearmint Essential Oil is Plant
- Main Constituents Carvone, limonene, 1, 8-cineole, β-myrcene
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, face, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.