The Benefits of Iodine
Posted by Nurse Mary on 22nd Feb 2019
Why is Iodine so important?
Iodine is one of the most important minerals required by the body for healthy cellular and complete metabolic function. Breast tissue, the uterus, the ovaries, the thyroid, the brain and the prostate depend on iodine. But typical intake levels for most people are not optimal.
Foods that are rich in Iodine
- Kidney Beans
- Swiss Chard
The cells in the body need Iodine
Why Increase Iodine Intake?
• Healthy Metabolism and Weight Management Support†
• Increased Energy
• Improved Libido
• Breast Health
• Prostate Health
• Increased Immune Function*
Tri-Iodine provides the three beneficial forms of iodine you need most.
Tri-Iodine contains three beneficial forms of iodine to nourish multiple body systems. Three forms are included because different tissues in the body prefer different forms.
Examples for each form of Iodine and it's use in the body
- Your thyroid tissue absorbs iodine best as potassium iodide,
- while breast tissue takes up iodine in the form of molecular iodine.
- Additionally, there is evidence that using sodium iodide enhances absorption of the other forms.