Petitgrain Essential Oil
15 ml Certified pure tested grade essential oil
For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Description of Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain essential oil is derived from the bitter orange tree, which has a long history of use in traditional health practices. Historically, Petitgrain essential oil has been used for cleaning purposes and it has been used internally to support healthy immune system and nervous system function.* Emerging scientific evidence provides support for these traditional and other uses.
There are three essential oils derived from the bitter orange tree. Petitgrain oil is distilled from the leaves and twigs of the tree, Neroli essential oil is distilled from the blossoms, and Bitter Orange oil is produced by cold pressing the rinds of the fruits. Petitgrain essential oil is widely used in the perfume industry, giving body sprays, fragrances, lotions, and colognes a fresh, herbaceous note that is popular among both women and men.
Primary Benefits of Petitgrain Essential Oil
- May help support healthy cardiovascular function*
- May provide antioxidant support*
- May support healthy immune function*
- May help promote a restful sleep*
Aromatic Description of Petitgrain Essential Oil
Fresh, floral, slightly herbaceous
- Steam distillation
- Plant Part - Leaf, twig
- Main Constituents - Linalyl acetate, linalool, alpha-terpineol
Uses of Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Diffuse for a calming and relaxing aroma. Blends well with other citrus oils, Cassia, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Geranium, and Lemongrass.
- Take internally to help ease feelings of tension, help calm the nervous system, and promote restful sleep.*
- Before going to bed, add a few drops of Petitgrain oil along with Lavender or Bergamot to pillows and bedding for its aromatic benefits.
- Add one to two drops to water or juice and drink to help support the health of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous, and digestive systems.*
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Main Chemical Constituents of Petitgrain
Linalyl acetate, linalool, alpha-terpineol
Learn more about Petitgrain Essential Oil
Join our Essential Oil Wholesale Club ($35 annually) and get your Essential Oils 25% off Retail Price.
Yes I want: Petitgrain Oil at Wholesale
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This product makes no claims. Please take at your own risk.