Petitgrain: The Mans Lavender
Posted by Nurse Mary on 17th Sep 2018
The Uses of Petitgrain
Petitgrain Essential Oils is used both in colognes and to help create a restful environment before bed.
To Describe Petitgrain Essential Oil
Derived from the bitter orange tree, Petitgrain oil has long been used in traditional health practices, for cleaning purposes, and for its various internal benefits.* Widely used in the perfume industry, Petitgrain oil offers a fresh, floral, and often herbaceous aroma that makes it unique and useful in a variety of settings. From promoting restful sleep to supporting healthy immune function, Petitgrain oil uses and benefits are certainly far reaching and effective
The Primary Benefits and uses of Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of Petitgrain oil is its ability to promote relaxing feelings. Due to its chemical makeup, Petitgrain essential oil can be helpful in creating a calm, relaxed environment to promote feelings of relaxation. Consider placing a few drops of Petitgrain on your pillows and bedding before going to bed in order to enjoy its aromatic benefits. You can also combine other relaxing oils like Lavender or Bergamot with Petitgrain on the bedding to promote a more relaxing atmosphere.
- Petitgrain oil has long been known for its benefits to the body when taken internally. Taking Petitgrain internally can help benefit internal systems like the cardiovascular, nervous, digestive, and immune systems.* To enjoy the internal benefits of Petitgrain oil for the body’s systems, add one to two drops of the oil to water or other beverages.* Not only will this allow you to reap the internal benefits of the oil, but you’ll simultaneously get to enjoy the fresh taste that Petitgrain has to offer.
- The relaxing properties of Petitgrain essential oil can also be beneficial for massage. When you want a relaxing foot massage, dilute a few drops of Petitgrain oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil before rubbing the combination on the bottoms of the feet. As you breathe in the calming scent of Petitgrain oil and massage the feet, you’ll feel relaxed in no time.
- While the internal use of Petitgrain oil can be helpful for promoting the health of body systems, it can also help further promote relaxation and calm feelings.* Consider taking Petitgrain essential oil internally when you want to ease tense feelings, calm the nervous system, or promote a restful night’s sleep.*
- Similar to other citrus essential oils, Petitgrain oil makes a great addition to hot beverages. If you enjoy drinking herbal tea or other hot drinks, consider adding a few drops of Petitgrain oil to help enhance the flavor. Not only will you enjoy the unique flavor of Petitgrain oil, but you’ll also benefit from the calming properties it provides.*
- To help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, consider adding a couple drops of Petitgrain oil to Fractionated Coconut Oil and applying it to skin blemishes or imperfections. When using a new essential oil topically, it can be helpful to test a small dose of the oil on your skin to ensure that it doesn’t cause any skin sensitivity or irritation. Due to their potency, it is also important to dilute essential oils with a carrier oil before using them on the skin to help minimize skin irritation.
- Want to create a calming atmosphere in your home, office, or classroom? Diffuse Petitgrain oil in the essential oil diffuser of your choice when you want to create a relaxing, calming environment. You can also combine Petitgrain with other calming oils like Bergamot, Lavender, or Eucalyptus to further promote relaxation.
- Along with benefits for the systems of the body, Petitgrain oil may also provide antioxidant support when taken internally.* To enjoy the antioxidant benefits that Petitgrain oil has to offer, consider taking one to two drops in a Veggie Cap for a dietary supplement.*
Fun Fact: The name Petitgrain is a French word that translates to “little grains.” It was given this name because the fruit of the bitter orange tree is quite small for a citrus fruit—about the size of a cherry.
Learn more about Petitgrain Essential Oil